[ic] Grammer Reduction prior to searching

Barry Treahy, Jr. Treahy at MMaz.com
Fri Jul 30 14:16:44 EDT 2004

I'm back with a pretty basic question.  I know that with the ITL tag
filter, I can do some simplistic field filtering, but what about
removing unnecessary grammar from a sentence that will only muck up a
search since everything AND'd?  For example, in a text based search, if
someone enters:

RG58 cable with TNC connectors

it would be nice if the connecting words like A, AND, OR, THE, WITH (and
perhaps others) be removed, as well the conversion of pluralities such
as changing CONNECTORS to CONNECTOR would be possible.

In some respects, this is sort of returning to the Google concept of
'Did you mean: RG58 cable TNC' scenario which is basically trying to
'help' the user really find what they are looking for.  Is there a
method of doing this, with the text-based searching that I'm now using,
with the base 4.8.6 system?

Regards,

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr                       E-mail: Treahy at MMaz.com
Midwest Microwave                          Phone: 480/314-1320