[ic] PGP - GPG

New Media E.M.S. ic_users at newmediaems.com
Wed Jun 2 17:37:21 EDT 2004

At 02:09 PM 6/2/2004, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Can anyone point to specific instructions on how to setup GPG to run with IC
>5.2?  I'm upgrading a 4.6 store to 5.2 and throwing away PGP 5.0.  I've
>tried a multitude of settings that produced either encrypted number in DB
>but blank email, or encrypted email but no encryption in the DB.  I'm
>wondering if the docs on icdevgroup.org havn't caught up to recent version
>info.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Russell

In versions 4.8 and higher, no Encryptor string is required with the
standard foundation demo configuration. Just put your key ID in the PGP_KEY
variable and Apply Changes, and it will work. You may find it necessary to
update your catalog.cfg to follow the conventions of the 5.x branch, though
that will require some editing.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax