[ic] Problems saving multiple simple options at checkout

New Media E.M.S. ic_users at newmediaems.com
Thu Jun 3 10:31:12 EDT 2004

At 10:19 AM 6/2/2004, you wrote:

> > >Seems I'm not the only one that's experiencing this problem with this
> > >particular version of IC.
> > >
> > >Thanks Steve, you've reassured me that I'm not going bonkers ;)
> > >
> > >Fingers crossed an IC core person can shed some light for us.
> > >
> > >Many thanks
> > >
> > >Mark
> >
> > Both files matter. I have not heard of this problem previously, but if I
> > were you, I would install and instance of the latest stable
> > release, either
> > for your branch (4.8.9) or for the current branch (5.2) and see if a
> > catalog running under that exhibits the problem.
> >
> > - Ed
> >

>Thanks Ed.
>
>What would be the easiest way to get just the Interchange files ( I assume
>this is what you are referring too) - all the pm files, tags etc... without
>disturbing my foundation based catalog, and all the customizations?
>
>If it is a big challenge to upgrade to 4.8.9 then I might as well put the
>effort into 5.2.
>
>-Steve

Assuming you are using the 4.8 branch now, it is easier to go to 4.8.9 than
to bump up to 5.2; there are significant differences in the latter that
would probably require work on the catalog itself. As far as the 'easiest
way' goes, that depends upon how you did the original install. When I
upgrade I usually do the new server install in a new directory, set up the
interchange.cfg file for the catalogs I need to serve, shut down the old
server, change it's vendroot directory name, then symlink the working
vendroot name to the new install directory and start interchange back up.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax