[ic] AuthorizeNet Changes in 5.2

New Media E.M.S. ic_users at newmediaems.com
Mon Jun 7 14:53:34 EDT 2004

At 11:23 AM 6/7/2004, you wrote:

> >In 4.6 my authorizenet settings were thus:
> >
> >AUTHNET_MODE
> >AUTHNET_SECRET  <secret>      Payment
> >AUTHNET_ID      <id> Payment
> >AUTHNET_REFERER http://store.khouse.org/store/catalog/  Payment
> >AUTHNET_SERVER  secure.quickcommerce.net        Payment
> >
> >In 5.2 they appear to be:
> >
> >MV_PAYMENT_HOST secure.quickcommerce.net        Payment
> >MV_PAYMENT_PARTNER              Payment
> >MV_PAYMENT_ID   <id> Payment
> >MV_PAYMENT_MODE authorizenet    Payment
> >MV_PAYMENT_SECRET       <secret>      Payment
> >PO_ACCEPTED             Payment
> >MV_PAYMENT_REFERER      http://store.khouse.org/store/catalog/  Payment
> >MV_PAYMENT_VENDOR               Payment
> >
> >I'm concerned that the AUTHNET_SERVER variable from 4.6 isn't being
> >picked up in the new settings.  How can I make sure it works?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Russell Mann
>
>What is raising this concern? I'm pretty sure you have nothing to worry
>about, but you can always un-comment a couple of the debug statements in
>VENDROOT/lib/Vend/Payment/AuthorizeNet.pm and run Interchange in debug mode
>to see exactly what is being passed to Authorizenet. Or you can just give
>the code in that module and perhaps VENDROOT/lib/Vend/Payment.pm a
>looksee...
>

>- Ed
>
>Sorry, I should have included the "why"!
>
>I'm getting this:
>
>Credit Card Information (Charge failed, reason: Authorizenet error: . Please
>call in your order or try again.)
>Card Number (Authorizenet error: . Please call in your order or try again.)
>

>Thanks,
>
>Russell

Whenever I've seen that error, it usually means that the Authorizenet post
failed to even happen completely, and Interchange ended up with an empty
response. The cause I've experience for this is signalling issues due to
threaded Perl. You can do the debugging I mentioned above to see what's
happening inside of Authorizenet.pm, or just put this at the top of your
checkout page:

                [calc]
                    my $string = $Tag->uneval( { ref =>
$Session->{payment_result} });
                    $string =~ s/{/{\n/;
                    $string =~ s/,/,\n/g;
                    return $string;
                [/calc]

...what Perl version are you running, and did you compile it yourself with
threads turned off?

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax