[ic] How to use etc/profiles.xyz for a form check

Duane Hinkley duane at DownHomeWebDesign.com
Sun Jun 13 10:07:36 EDT 2004

Lars Tode wrote:

>Hi list.
>
>Is it possible to use a profile for a simple form check ?
>
>Something like :
><form action="[area href="@@MV_PAGE@@"]" method="post">
><input type="hidden" name="mv_session_id" value="[data session id]">
><input type="hidden" name="mv_user_profile" value="user_data">
><input type="hidden" name="mv_failpage" value="@@MV_PAGE@@">
><input type="hidden" name="mv_successpage" value="@@MV_PAGE@@">
><input type="hidden" name="mv_todo" value="submit">
>
>If you use this code above, IC tried to make a checkout, but the site is not
>a part of the order process.
>It should only be a possibillity to change user data.
>
>I've no idea how to realize this, in the moment:(
>
>Any ideas ?
>
>Thanks in advanced,
>
>Lars

Lars,

I think the reason it's trying a checkout is you need mv_action as
return. Here's how I do it for a page where the user updates the
shipping address:

           <form action="[process secure=1]" method="POST"
name=address_form>
           <input type=hidden NAME=mv_session_id    value="[data session
id]">
           <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_form_profile
VALUE=shipping_address>
           <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_action        VALUE=return >
           <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_fail_href        VALUE=ord/checkout2>
           <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_success_href    VALUE=ord/checkout3>

On this one the current page is ord/checkout2.  So if it fails the
check, it goes back to ord/checkout2.   If it succeeds, it goes to
ord/checkout3.

Sincerely,

Duane Hinkley

Down Home Web Design, Inc.