[ic] inactive items - flypage still works for them.

Jamie Neil jamie at versado.net
Wed Jun 16 14:26:53 EDT 2004

John1 wrote:
[snip]
> But, this makes me think - if someone retrieves a cached page for an
> inactive product, will they be able to click the "Buy" button.  i.e. Does
> the "Order" routine automatically check the "inactive" status and reject
> attempts to order inactive items?  I guess I should test this out.

AFAIK it is still be possible to buy an inactive product with the right
GET or POST - there's nothing to stop you adding inactive products to
the basket it just stops them appearing in searches.

I guess you would have to catch this in the basket code, but I haven't
bothered as I think it would be hard to do accidentally without noticing
the DISCONTINUED signs.

--
Jamie Neil | <jamie at versado.net> | 0870 7777 454
Versado I.T. Services Ltd. | http://versado.net/ | 0845 450 1254