[ic] Problem: No format check routine for 'index'

the OnE bicolspice at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 16 19:47:25 EDT 2004

I'm trying to filter out invalid input for my form.
But the error 'No format check routine for index'
keeps on bugging me.

Here's my form:

   <form method=get action="[process]">
      <th colspan="2" class="form-title">Start
Here</th>

       Enter make: <input type="text" name="make"
value="[value make]" />  <br />
       Enter Year: <input type="text" name="year"
value="[value year]" />  <br />

          <input type="hidden" name="mv_todo"
value="go" />
          <input type="hidden" name="mv_nextpage"
value="@@MV_PAGE@@" />
	  <input type="hidden" name="mv_successpage"
value="@@MV_PAGE@@" />
          <input type="hidden" name="mv_session_id"
value="[data session id]" />
          <input type="hidden" name="mv_form_profile"
value="select_make_year"  />
          <input type = "submit" name="gobtn"
value="Go!" />

     </form>

Profile: etc/profiles.input_validation

__NAME__ select_make_year

   mv_nextpage=[either][cgi mv_successpage][or][cgi
mv_nextpage][/either]
   make=required You have to specify the make.
   year=required You have to specify the year.
   &fail=failpage
__END__

Sample output:

1. Blank value for 'make' and numeric value for 'year'
.. clicking the Go button yields the output

    You have to specify the make.
    No format check routine for 'index'

2. Non-blank value for 'make' and blank value for
'year' .. clicking the Go button yields the output

    You have to specify the year.
    No format check routine for 'index'

3. Both 'make' and 'year' contains non-blank values..
clicking the Go button yields the output

    No format check routine for 'index'

As a newbie, I am complete lost with this kind of
error...

------
jm