[ic] Any way to get Debian Linux to run IC using the threaded Perl

Mark Weaver mark at americanmicroinc.com
Thu Jun 17 15:39:59 EDT 2004

John Foster wrote:

> Hey All and especially Stefan! Is there any way to use IC in the threaded Perl
> environment that is normal in Debain Linux. Do I nave to use some other Perl,
> such as active state? Can IC be recompiled or altered to run on a threaded
> perl?

The easiest and most perscribed manner in which to deal with this is to
download the source for the latest version of PERL and recompile it with
threading disabled. When doing so be sure to install everything to
/usr/local as opposed to /usr. This, of course is assuming that *is*
where Debian installs Perl to. I know personally that this is where Perl
resides normally,  ( /usr ) on RedHat and Mandrake systems. I've never
used a Debian system.

--
Mark Weaver
American Micro - Webmaster