[ic] Calling Log from UserTag doesn't work?

Barry Treahy, Jr. Treahy at MMaz.com
Fri Jun 25 19:17:08 EDT 2004

Eric Small wrote:

> I'm trying to call the Log procedure from a usertag to aid in
> debugging, but when I restart Interchange the process starts using all
> the processor time and I have to kill it.  Is there something else I
> can use to output some debug text to a log?

Something isn't right... Did this start when you added your new
usertag?  Are you sure that isn't hosed?  Here is a tag I use for
logging of events:

[root at mml2 usertag]# cat iclog.tag
UserTag iclog Order one two three thereset
UserTag iclog Routine <<EOR
sub
{
  my @para = @_;
  my $ts = $Tag->time( {}, '%Y%m%d%H%M' );
  $Tag->log( { file => '/tmp/iclog'}, "iclog: " . $ts . " host: " .
$Session->{ohost} . " " . "page: " . $Global::Variable->{MV_PAGE} . " "
. join("|", @_) );
}
EOR

and within embedded Perl, I call it from the HTML page like:

$Tag->iclog("StartupCountry: " . $Scratch->{StartupCountry} );

and it works just fine...

Perhaps you should 'backout' your changes and isolate what broke and when...

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr                       E-mail: Treahy at MMaz.com
Midwest Microwave                          Phone: 480/314-1320