[ic] mod_interchange and Apache 2.0

Sean Benton IC at neurometrics.net
Sun Jun 27 03:16:11 EDT 2004

Hello all this is my first post so be kind :)... hopefuly usefull to
some out there..

In regards to the message thread regarding Apache RewriteRule Directive
and Interchange
-->
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2004-March/038314.html

I had exactly the same problem using RewrireRule Directive and
Interchange but not using Mod interchange

OK , well getting on with it .... the problems mentioned before by

Thomas J.M. Burton

  was .....

> Problem Description
> -------------------
> The catalog itself works fine, as does most functions in the Admin UI.
> An example scenario in which I encounter problems is as follows:
>
> 1) I log into the Admin UI
> 2) I go to the Table Manager and select to edit the options table
> 3) I check an item to delete from the options table
> 4) I click the "Delete checked" button and OK the confirmation dialog
> 5) I get the Admin UI login page
> 6) I log in again and get a page that says
> 	"Error: flex_select: no database "
>
> 7) I go to the options table and the item has not been deleted
>

> Problem Notes
> -------------
> This isn't just something that happens with the options table either. It
> happens when I try to delete a record from any table using the Table
> Manager (flex_select and family) or the Item Editor.
>
> However, if I have /cgi-bin/speedquest in the CGI_URL variable,
> everything works fine. Even if I still have RewriteEngine on for that
> domain. The rest of the Admin UI works fine. It seems to be just when
> I'm trying to delete a record from a table.
>
> Is there something specific to that part of IC that needs to have a
> RewriteRule specified?
>
> Also, I get nothing in any error logs when this is attempted.
>
> I hope someone can help.

What is actualy happening is that the session ID is being lost, and has
realy nothing to do with the Apache directive
RewriteRule, more to do with blanking the CGI_URL directory varible as
the testing that I did concluded some info was being lost as a result of
changing this .

Here is the FIX :
Edit the file : flex_select.coretag
Find the following part in the file ... :
START -->

        my $action = $Tag->process({href => $opt->{form_href}});

        $output{TOP_OF_FORM} = <<EOF;
<form action="$action" method="$opt->{form_method}"$opt->{form_extra}>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_data_table    VALUE="$table">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_action        VALUE="$opt->{mv_action}">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_click         VALUE="warn_me_main_form">
EOF

        ### What the heck is going on here?

<-- END

Make Changes to add one Input line :

"
        my $action = $Tag->process({href => $opt->{form_href}});

        $output{TOP_OF_FORM} = <<EOF;
<form action="$action" method="$opt->{form_method}"$opt->{form_extra}>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_data_table    VALUE="$table">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_action        VALUE="$opt->{mv_action}">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_click         VALUE="warn_me_main_form">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_session_id    VALUE="$CGI->{mv_session_id}">
EOF

        ### What the heck is going on here?

"
THAT FIXES THE PROBLEM :)

Also there is one more problem that ive found also when using the Admin
UI for Interchange :

Problem occurs when :
Log into interchange admin
go to Edit Item table
put anything in the search box " limit with search "
IC will instead of returning the list of items matching will kick out to
the admin login page again.

OK the FIX :

Edit the file :" item.html "
Find the following Code  :
<FORM ACTION="[area @@MV_PAGE@@]" method="get" >
<INPUT NAME=ui_text_qualification type=text class=s3>
<INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE="[L]Limit with search[/L]" class=s3>
</FORM>
Change to:
<FORM ACTION="[area @@MV_PAGE@@]" method="get" >
<INPUT NAME=ui_text_qualification type=text class=s3>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden name=mv_session_id value="[data session id]">
<INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE="[L]Limit with search[/L]" class=s3>
</FORM>

Thats it , the search now works and doesnt loose the Session details .

There may be better ways of doing this , but this works for me

If any one is using RewriteRule to change the look of the URL on there IC
and finds more problems do let me know , I will be continuing to use
this config
and will post any new problems and soultions that I find .

Regards
Sean Benton