[ic] mod_interchange and Apache 2.0

Sean Benton IC at neurometrics.net
Mon Jun 28 20:05:34 EDT 2004

Mike Heins wrote:

>Quoting Sean Benton (IC at neurometrics.net):
>

>>Hello all this is my first post so be kind :)... hopefuly usefull to
>>some out there..
>>

>[snip]
>

>>>Problem Notes
>>>-------------
>>>This isn't just something that happens with the options table either. It
>>>happens when I try to delete a record from any table using the Table
>>>Manager (flex_select and family) or the Item Editor.
>>>
>>>However, if I have /cgi-bin/speedquest in the CGI_URL variable,
>>>everything works fine. Even if I still have RewriteEngine on for that
>>>domain. The rest of the Admin UI works fine. It seems to be just when
>>>I'm trying to delete a record from a table.
>>>
>>>Is there something specific to that part of IC that needs to have a
>>>RewriteRule specified?
>>>
>>>Also, I get nothing in any error logs when this is attempted.
>>>
>>>I hope someone can help.
>>>

>>What is actualy happening is that the session ID is being lost, and has
>>realy nothing to do with the Apache directive
>>RewriteRule, more to do with blanking the CGI_URL directory varible as
>>the testing that I did concluded some info was being lost as a result of
>>changing this .
>>

>[snip]
>
>You are correct. Both changes are made in CVS now.
>
>I am the guilty party on this -- I far too often fail to include the
>session ID in forms. I will try to do better.
>
>Thanks for finding these!

Not a problem IC is a great structure saving me alot of programing time
and as I become more farmilur with it I will indevour to contribute more.
I have Identified yet another loss of session ID when using Apache Mod
RewriteRule with IC and have included the fix .

Under Menu Constructor (menu_editor.html)
When slecting the Menu to edit or hitting Load button the session is
lost and returned to the
admin login screen basicly the same issue as before.

To fix :
Edit the file : /usr/local/interchange/lib/UI/pages/admin/menu_editor.html
Find the following part :
----------------------- SNIP ------------------------------

<select name=qmenu_name
                onChange="if(check_publish()) { this.form.submit() }"
                class=s3><option value=""
class=s3>[L]--select--[/L]</option>[scratch qmenu_options]</select>
<INPUT TYPE=button NAME=submittor VALUE="[L]Load[/L]"
onClick="if(check_publish()) { this.form.submit() }" class=s3>
</form>
[output name=""]
------------------------ SNIP --------------------------------

Change TO :

------------------------ SNIP --------------------------------
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
<select name=qmenu_name
                onChange="if(check_publish()) { this.form.submit() }"
                class=s3><option value=""
class=s3>[L]--select--[/L]</option>[scratch qmenu_options]</select>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_session_id  VALUE="[data session id]">
<INPUT TYPE=button NAME=submittor VALUE="[L]Load[/L]"
onClick="if(check_publish()) { this.form.submit() }" class=s3>
</form>
[output name=""]

That Fix's it.

Regards