[ic] Admin - updating shipment status = PostgreSQL timestamp error

Eric Small interchange at ericsmall.com
Wed Jun 30 13:58:55 EDT 2004

When using the admin interface under
Orders -> Pending Orders -> Order Status
In the section Actions if I use the "Update the order" button the
following error message is returned:

Sorry, there was an error in processing this form action. Please report
the error or try again later. (DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:
invalid input syntax for type timestamp: "2004-06-" at
/usr/lib/interchange/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 1626. )

Returning to the admin screen shows this message in green:
Vend::Table::DBI - Length Exception! - Data length: 25 Field length: 8
Vend::Table::DBI - Length Exception - Table: orderline, Field:
update_date. Action to take: truncate_log

 From what I can tell somewhere along the line the timestamp value
(length of 25 characters) is being truncated to the 8 byte size of a
timestamp field.  PostgreSQL expects a full timestamp string to be
inputted, but only receives the first 8 characters of the timestamp
value causing it to return an error.  Any ideas on a fix?

I have managed to workaround the problem by marking the necessary lines
as shipped, then pressing the "Update status only, no ship function"  If
all lines have now been marked shipped, then I am able to select the
"Ship all lines" action and press the "Update the order" button without
getting an error.

Thanks,
Eric Small
--
Interchange 5.2.0 / Debian 3.0 Stable / PostgreSQL 7.4.3