[ic] Cart update is freaky

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Wed Jun 30 16:34:27 EDT 2004

Quoting cHao (dont.botherme at verizon.net):
> A client of ours has a product people will order in multiple sizes at once.
> For confidence's sake, let's assume they're T-shirts.  Someone browsing the
> site might want to buy 10 large, 10 medium, and 10 small shirts.
> Interchange adds them to the cart, and all is well so far.
>
> (For reference, the size is a simple option with a price differential.  Each
> size of shirt is a different price, but all share the same SKU.)
>
> The problem comes when the buyer changes their mind and decides they only
> want 8 medium shirts.  The way the current cart component and checkout form
> seem to work, they don't know how to remove or update any but the first item
> in the cart.  I assume this is because the products in the cart all have the
> same SKU, but i'm not sure.

That probably means you toyed with the order of the variables in the
cart, or totally removed the variables that show the quantity.

You need to have any remove box before the quantity variable, and you
need to have a variable for the quantity of each item, even if only
in a HIDDEN.

This is the type of thing a competent consultant could show you in
just a few minutes, and I think it is even in the docs somewhere if
you look.

--
Mike Heins

Any man who is under 30, and is not liberal, has not heart; and any man
who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has not brains.
 -- Winston Churchill