[ic] Yahoo/Slurp and caching of Session ID's - With Log data

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Tue Mar 2 17:53:03 EST 2004

Gary Norton [gnorton at broadgap.com] wrote:
> Ok, I have a bit more information and some new questions regarding the
> Yahoo/Slurp caching problem referred to here:
> (http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2004-February/037967.html)
>
> In my current log I get the following (see larger log snip below):
> (compatible; Yahoo! Slurp; http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ysearch/slurp)
>
> In my interchange.cfg I have both Yahoo and Slurp listed (separate
> entries).
>
> [snip: RobotUA list]

If you have both "yahoo" and "Slurp" in your RobotUA list then there's
no need to duplicate those with a "Yahoo*Slurp" pattern.  You can do
this if you like - it just won't give any extra benefit.

> Could the reason that session id's get cached be related to not having an
> entry such as "Yahoo*Slurp", or something like that?

No.  They are most likely artifacts from previous spider runs - before
you upgraded to an Interchange version with RobotUA code.  See the

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz