[ic] Adding Components

list_subscriber at yahoo.co.uk list_subscriber at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 3 03:08:57 EST 2004

On Wednesday, March 03, 2004 1:28 AM, wfiore at aftermarketcellular.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to add an additional component to the bottom of my
> templates. How would I go about doing this? I tried to simply add
> <!-- COMPONENT #7 --> to the template code but nothing happened. I am
> using 4.8.6.

When the page is built the components are inserted by the [component] tag.

The templates are in the directory "templates\foundation\regions" (if you
started with the foundation demo).

Try comparing these templates to one of the pages, e.g. flypage.html to see
how the templates are included into the page, and the components included
into the templates.

Also take a look at the Interchange Templates documentation.

If you go to the "Contents" tab within the admin GUI you should can add
extra components into the slots available.

If what you are saying is that you need more slots than are available on the
default templates then you would need to modify the page picture templates
(in directory "templates" itself) if you intent to use the admin GUI with
the templates.