[ic] Additional shipping based on subtotal???

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Sun Mar 7 10:17:15 EST 2004

Quoting News (news1 at dsl.pipex.com):
> Hi folks,
>
> I've spent the whole morning in the archives but cannot get this to
> work.
>
> I have weight based shipping which works fine but I want to add a fixed
> 1.00 to the shipping when the subtotal exceeds 50.00
>
> In the additional shipping box I entered "[subtotal noformat=1] 50 99999
> 1" hoping this would add 1.00 to orders with subtotals between 50 and
> 99999. It doesn't work.

No, it wouldn't. Adding things based on guesses usually does not,
but if you guess enough times it will eventually work. That is
why I am good at this stuff, I guess over and over again. 8-)

You need to use the normal method, i.e. set it in a scratch variable
then check it. The [subtotal] tag automatically puts the latest
subtotal in the scratch variable latest_subtotal, so you can do:

 {'adder' => "[if scratch latest_subtotal >= 50]1[/if]"}

--
Mike Heins

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find I have just
lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as
well. -- Diane Ackerman