[ic] Problem with "Others who........" (resend in hope of an answer this time)

k palazani at gmx.net
Sat Mar 13 09:07:40 EST 2004

Eros Shop wrote:

> My ideal solution to this problem would be to use an external perl
> script on a cron job that updates the merchandising table/txt file,
> but I'm happy to click the link a few times per week if needs be
> until a better solution can be found :)

You can use ic´s job functionality:

add your script to your catalogs etc directory, e.g.
your_catalog_dir/etc/daily

you can start your script manually:
your_ic_dir/bin/interchange --runjobs=your_catalog_name=daily

or you can add a cron job:
interchange user crontab:
0 0 * * *     your_ic_dir/bin/interchange --runjobs=your_catalog_name=daily

or to any su user crontab:
0 0 * * *    su -f -c
'your_ic_dir/bin/interchange --runjobs=your_catalog_name=daily' your_ic_user

read the ic start script (bin/interchange) for more information
on --runjobs, and take a look at etc/jobs/merchandising/topsellers under
your ic directory for an example how your script have to look like.

k.