[ic] Checkout country "stuck" please help!!

News news1 at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Mar 13 11:34:03 EST 2004

Hi folks,

I get so many overseas enquiries I decided it was time to setup shipping
for other countries but no matter what I do the checkout country
pulldown will only allow UK.

The checkout code uses the following for country selection, I have tried
changing the default country but it makes no difference:-

<SELECT NAME=mv_shipmode onChange="this.form.submit()">
	      [shipping
	        label=1
        	mode=|[data table=country key='[default country GB]'
col=shipmodes]|
              ]
	      </SELECT>

The country.txt file has every country in it and I have added new
shipping methods for other countries but the pulldown still only has
UK....arghhhh!

I have also tried deleting the country.sql and uploading a default IC5
country.txt file to no avail.

I setup a fresh IC5 foundation catalog on my test server and loaded my
checkout.html page in and all countries are selectable. I therefore
presume it is nothing to do with the checkout page.

So, what determines which countries are selectable because I can't work
it out.

Is there something else to configure that determines which countries can
be selected????

Thanks,
Andy.