[ic] Cant insert into new mysql table with UI

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Mon Mar 15 11:27:41 EST 2004

Joachim Leidinger [jojo at leidinger.net] wrote:

> > > Naming a field "id" conflicts with Interchange's use of that
> > > variable as an alias for mv_session_id. The easiest thing by
> > > far is to name it "uid", or "code", or somesuch.
> > >
> Where can I find a list of such kind of protected reserved variable names
> for IC?

Check your interchange.cfg file for VarName directives, such as

    VarName  mv_arg  arg

In that case, neither "mv_arg" nor its alias "arg" can be used as
column names if you intend to edit the table using the admin UI.
There's a full list of standard variables and aliases in Interchange's
etc/varnames file, although you can add your own aliases to the list,
as shown above.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz