[ic] mod_interchange and Apache 2.0

Jamie Neil jamie at versado.net
Thu Mar 18 07:07:00 EST 2004

Thomas J.M. Burton wrote:
> So, can anyone point me in the right direction with the rewrite rules?
> Has anyone else even used them? If anyone has any tips about how to
> correct the UI problems, or any additional ideas for how I can approach
> this, I'd really appreciate it.

These are the settings we use for our sites:

/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
--------------------------
..
RewriteRule ^$ /cgi-bin/mycatalog/index.html [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/$ /cgi-bin/mycatalog/index.html [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin/.* - [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/images/.* - [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/interchange-5/.* - [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/(.*) /cgi-bin/mycatalog/$1 [PT,L]
..

/etc/interchange.cfg
--------------------
..
Variable  FULL_URL  1
Catalog  mycatalog  directory  /var/lib/interchange/mycatalog
Catalog  mycatalog  script  www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/mycatalog
Catalog  mycatalog  alias  www.mydomain.com/
Catalog  mycatalog  alias  /cgi-bin/mycatalog
Catalog  mycatalog  alias  www.mydomain.com:443/cgi-bin/mycatalog
Catalog  mycatalog  alias  www.mydomain.com:443/
..

Notes
-----
1) Our production boxes are all on Apache 1.3, we've only used 2.0 like
this in development.

2) CGI_URL must be blank in variable.txt (or catalog.cfg)

3) Rewrite rules must be set for http _and_ https servers

4) FULL_URL directive is required if you need to host more than one
catalog at /

5) Other URLs that you don't want rewritten (e.g. /stats/ or
/robots.txt) can be added using the images rule as a template

6) We use IC4.9+/5.0 RPMs. You may need to adjust paths for other packages.

Hope that helps - it seems to work well for us.

You can see this in action at http://www.clickgolf.co.uk/

--
Jamie Neil | <jamie at versado.net> | 0870 7777 454
Versado I.T. Services Ltd. | http://versado.net/ | 0845 450 1254