[ic] mod_interchange and Apache 2.0

Thomas J.M. Burton tom at globalfocusdm.com
Thu Mar 18 17:48:12 EST 2004

Jamie Neil wrote:
> These are the settings we use for our sites:
>
> /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
> --------------------------
> ..
> RewriteRule ^$ /cgi-bin/mycatalog/index.html [PT,L]
> RewriteRule ^/$ /cgi-bin/mycatalog/index.html [PT,L]
> RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin/.* - [PT,L]
> RewriteRule ^/images/.* - [PT,L]
> RewriteRule ^/interchange-5/.* - [PT,L]
> RewriteRule ^/(.*) /cgi-bin/mycatalog/$1 [PT,L]
> ..
>
> /etc/interchange.cfg
> --------------------
> ..
> Variable  FULL_URL  1
> Catalog  mycatalog  directory  /var/lib/interchange/mycatalog
> Catalog  mycatalog  script  www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/mycatalog
> Catalog  mycatalog  alias  www.mydomain.com/
> Catalog  mycatalog  alias  /cgi-bin/mycatalog
> Catalog  mycatalog  alias  www.mydomain.com:443/cgi-bin/mycatalog
> Catalog  mycatalog  alias  www.mydomain.com:443/
> ..
>
> Notes
> -----
> 1) Our production boxes are all on Apache 1.3, we've only used 2.0 like
> this in development.
>
> 2) CGI_URL must be blank in variable.txt (or catalog.cfg)
>
> 3) Rewrite rules must be set for http _and_ https servers
>
> 4) FULL_URL directive is required if you need to host more than one
> catalog at /
>
> 5) Other URLs that you don't want rewritten (e.g. /stats/ or
> /robots.txt) can be added using the images rule as a template
>
> 6) We use IC4.9+/5.0 RPMs. You may need to adjust paths for other packages.

First of all, thanks to Jamie Neil, Racke, and Johnathan Clark for the
replies to my post. I really appreciate all of your help.

However, I'm still getting problems in the Admin UI.

Here's what I did:

/etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/Vhosts.conf
----------------------------------
RewriteEngine   On
RewriteRule ^$ /cgi-bin/speedquest/index.html [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/$ /cgi-bin/speedquest/index.html [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin/.* - [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/images/.* - [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/interface/.* - [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/interchange/.* - [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/(.*) /cgi-bin/speedquest/$1 [PT,L]

Notes
-----
1) Running Apache 2.0, not sure if that has to do with the problems

2) Cleared out the CGI_URL variable (it's blank now)

3) Don't have https set up for this catalog at this point

4) Not hosting other catalogs at this domain, so not using FULL_URL
    Correct me if this is wrong.

5) Took care of preventing rewrites for a few additional things

6) Using IC 5.0

Problem Description
-------------------
The catalog itself works fine, as does most functions in the Admin UI.
An example scenario in which I encounter problems is as follows:

1) I log into the Admin UI

2) I go to the Table Manager and select to edit the options table

3) I check an item to delete from the options table

4) I click the "Delete checked" button and OK the confirmation dialog

5) I get the Admin UI login page

6) I log in again and get a page that says
	"Error: flex_select: no database "

7) I go to the options table and the item has not been deleted

Problem Notes
-------------
This isn't just something that happens with the options table either. It
happens when I try to delete a record from any table using the Table
Manager (flex_select and family) or the Item Editor.

However, if I have /cgi-bin/speedquest in the CGI_URL variable,
everything works fine. Even if I still have RewriteEngine on for that
domain. The rest of the Admin UI works fine. It seems to be just when
I'm trying to delete a record from a table.

Is there something specific to that part of IC that needs to have a
RewriteRule specified?

Also, I get nothing in any error logs when this is attempted.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks again,
Tom