RE: [ic] [item-*] don´t work in components!

TheRealPiccolo at gmx.de TheRealPiccolo at gmx.de
Mon Mar 22 03:43:34 EST 2004

> John1 [list_subscriber at yahoo.co.uk] wrote:
> > > I can´t use tags like [item-description] on the left and right side.
> It
> > > only works in the flypage.
> > >
> > If the page in question is the flypage.  (i.e. flypage.html in the
> > Foundation demo) then [item-description] should work fine on it's own in
> > the right hand panel.
> >
> > It won't work on the left because the opening [fly-page] tag in
> > flypage.html occurs after @_LEFTRIGHTTOP_@  i.e.  *after* the left-hand
> > components.
> >
> > Otherwise use [item-field description].  This should work anywhere.
> >
> Note that [item-field description] is bound by the same context rules as
> [item-description].
>
> --
>    _/   _/  _/_/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/  _/    _/
>   _/_/_/   _/_/      _/    _/    _/    _/_/  _/   K e v i n   W a l s h
>  _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz
> _/   _/  _/_/_/_/      _/    _/_/_/  _/    _/

Thanks for your reply John und Kevin!

I tried [item-field description] before, but It dosn´t seem to work:

Further I tried to set the above code in a variable in the catalog.cfg and
include it with __VARIABLENAME__ in the component, but that dosn´t work for me
either.

The point is, that I want to refer this code to an item, that is listed in
the flypage. This code above is in the right side in one of the components.
I think that´s a problem, because there is no relation between the
[item-field description] and the flypage this way.
Therefore I tried to set the code between the [fly-list][/fly-list] tags but
that altough don´t work.

I´m using the "top/left/right areas" page Layout for the flypage, if that is
relevantly.

I´m working with Interchange for only 2 weeks now and I´m not so familar
with perl or the ITL

hope you can help me out with that problem!