[ic] Unable to access Fedex calculator Fedex.pm

Sam Batschelet batschelet at exactasphere.com
Tue Mar 30 10:10:33 EST 2004

<Sam Batschelet Wrote>

>Hello just checking to see if there has been an update to the code to
>access the FedEx calculator.  I am trying to use FedEx as my shipping
>method and I have everything setup correctly I believe but on checkout
>the error 'Unable to access Fedex calculator'  Never had to use FedEx
>before in a catalog so any pointers would be great.

BTW: IC 4.9.8

Ok here is an update I have done some more research and found the
following information.

Fedex.pm contains a call to
http://www.fedex.com/servlet/RateFinderServlet which if you follow this
link takes you to a redirect so this app has been terminated.  I have
looked in a nightly build of 5.1 interchange-5.1.0-200403300658 to be
exact and Fedex.pm is no longer in the distribution.  The only
information about fedex is fedex_query.tag which is extremely outdated
and has reference http://grd.fedex.com/cgi-bin/rrr2010.exe which has
been obsolete for some time.

It seems that the RateFinderServerlet has been changed to
http://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/ couldn't FedEx.pm be adjusted to use
this or has this already been done?  I am trying to achieve up to date
pricing instead of using stag net zone files. It seems that FedEx should
not be an option any longer to use the www/lookup function as it no
longer works.

Now I did find this reference to a Business::FedEx::DirectConnect in
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2003-September/035
174.html  has anyone used this and does it still work?

I am sure that building new systems to "comply" with FedEx's changing
setup has become a pain and any help is greatly appreciated.

-Sam