[ic] mod_interchange 1.30 Problem

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Tue May 11 12:02:34 EDT 2004

Bryan D Gmyrek [gmyrek at U.Arizona.EDU] wrote:
> Thanks, Kevin, for mod_interchange.  It works great except when I try to
> use the OrdinaryFileList directive.  When I add this along with
> the other directives in httpd.conf and try to restart apache I get
>
> Syntax error on line 1378 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf: Invalid
> command 'OrdinaryFileList', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
> included in the server configuration /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl
> startssl: httpd could not be started
>
> To make sure I re-downloaded the version of www.interchange.rtfm.info
> today and re-installed.
>
> I'm using Apache 1.3.29, mod_interchange 1.30, redhat linux 9, and IC
> 5.2.0

Did you have another version of mod_interchange installed prior to
your installation of 1.30?  If so then make sure that you're
overwriting the previous mod_interchange.so with the new version as
it seems that perhaps the older version is still being used;  The
OrdinaryFileList directive is new in version 1.30.

If this is a fresh installation then I can't think of a reason why
only that single directive would be flagged.  Well, there's a chance
that the module is not installed at all, and OrdinaryFileList was
just picked by Apache as the directive to use in the error report.

Try starting Apache without the OrdinaryFileList directive, to see
if another directive gets used in the error message instead.

Can you make sure that mod_interchange is installed.  You should
have the following directives in the appropriate place in your
httpd.conf:

    LoadModule interchange_module   libexec/mod_interchange.so

    AddModule mod_interchange.c

If you're sure that mod_interchange is installed then can you post
your <VirtualHost> configuration block.  There may be something else
in there that's causing problems.

I know that v1.30 works;  I use it myself and have had a couple of
reports from others.  You're the first one to post a problem report.
Congratulations. :-)

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz