[ic] Compile problems on Solaris

Jim O'Gorman jim.ogorman at iuniverse.com
Tue May 11 18:14:37 EDT 2004

I am having a bit of problem getting interchange compiled on Solaris
9/SPARC.

I have installed the latest Perl from source making sure threads are
not enabled. Then pulled down the latest interchange tgz. On running
configure for the first time, this is where it errors out:

---

Manifying blib/man3/Vend::Payment::BoA.3
Manifying blib/man3/IniConf.3
Manifying blib/man3/Vend::Form.3
Manifying blib/man3/Vend::Payment::Skipjack.3
Manifying blib/man3/Vend::Options::Simple.3
Manifying blib/man3/Vend::Options::Old48.3
Manifying blib/man3/Vend::Ship::QueryUPS.3
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/local/bin/perl "-Iblib/lib" "-Iblib/arch" test.pl
server/unixmode.......ok 1
server/startup........ok 2
link/unixmode.........ok 3
server/inetmode.......The previous Interchange server was not running
and probably
terminated with an error.
ok 4
link/inetmode.........ok 5
server/control........The previous Interchange server was not running
and probably
terminated with an error.

---

On configure runs after that, I get:

---

Manifying blib/man3/Vend::Options::Old48.3
Manifying blib/man3/Vend::Ship::QueryUPS.3
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/local/bin/perl "-Iblib/lib" "-Iblib/arch" test.pl
server/unixmode.......The previous Interchange server was not running
and probably
terminated with an error.
ok 1
server/startup........ok 2
link/unixmode.........ok 3
server/inetmode.......The previous Interchange server was not running
and probably
terminated with an error.
No sockets -- INTERCHANGE SERVER TERMINATING
ok 4
link/inetmode.........ok 5
server/control........The previous Interchange server was not running
and probably
terminated with an error.

---

I have gone through google and MARC quite a bit, and found a number of
people having similar problems going a ways back, but no clear cut fix.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to look to overcome this?

Thanks
Jim