[ic] How to execute a usertag by clicking on a link or button within a page?

Tim Good draco at edsd.com
Thu May 13 11:36:43 EDT 2004

Hello list,

What is the best way to execute a usertag by clicking on a link or
button within a page?
If I have [tag foo] and want to call this tag without leaving the page
and return
the results to the page without leave page. This would appear to the
user as a link or
button and when they would click on it it would execute the tag.

For instance:

<A HREF="[area href='admin/flex_select'
   form='deleterecords=1&ui_delete_id=[sql-code]&mv_data_table=orderline

&mv_click=db_maintenance&mv_action=back&mv_nextpage=@@MV_PAGE@@?order=[l
oop-code]']"
   onClick="return confirm('Are you sure you want to delete item
[sql-code]?')">

Can be used to remove an item from an order where [sql-code] = item sku.
However I would like to replace the
[area] tag with my usertag and keep user on same page. Hope this makes
sense.

Thanks,

Tim