[ic] Interchange and https

Mark Weaver mark at americanmicroinc.com
Thu May 13 14:19:00 EDT 2004

New Media E.M.S. wrote:
> At 01:14 PM 5/13/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>
>> Is anyone else using interchange on a virtual host with SSL that is
>> working? I've not been able to get this working for anything. Sure
>> could use some help.
>> --
>> Mark Weaver
>> American Micro - Webmaster
>> 1-800-558-2058
>

> Mark -
>
> I have many sites running this way. What seems to be the problem?
>
> - Ed

Hi Ed,

No matter what I do I can NOT get https to work on this RedHate machine.
( no that wasn't a typo -  I HATE RedHat. Rather be running Mandrake. )

Anyway, if I setup a virtual host container in apache conf file
httpd.conf everything runs fine. It reads the cert and prompts me for
the passphrase as I was expecting it to. However, on the shopping cart I
can access nothing on the SSL. I get errors like this one:

An error occurred while loading
https://order.americanmicroinc.com/americanmicroinc/:

Could not connect to host order.americanmicroinc.com

or this one:

The connection to order.americanmicroinc.com has terminated
unexpectedly. Some data may have been transferred.

The only system error messages I am able to find are this from
/var/log/httpd/ssl_error_log
[Thu May 13 14:54:42 2004] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN)
`localhost.localdomain' does NOT match server name!?
[Thu May 13 15:11:24 2004] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA
certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Thu May 13 15:11:24 2004] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN)
`localhost.localdomain' does NOT match server name!?
[Thu May 13 15:11:25 2004] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA
certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Thu May 13 15:11:25 2004] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN)
`localhost.localdomain' does NOT match server name!?

When I saw this last error I went right to the ssl.conf file to see what
was going on in there. I "thought" I should add a container in this file
for the Virthost order.americanmicroinc.com, so I did. When I restarted
apache it complained thusly:

Starting httpd: [Thu May 13 15:15:49 2004] [error] VirtualHost
206.252.132.148:443 -- mixing * ports and non-* ports with a
NameVirtualHost address is not supported, proceeding with undefined results

But...it started. ANd when I checked on the shopping cart to see if
things were running https was working. Course NOTHING else on the whole
webserver was working. All 148 Virtual domains were dead. And since
their containers didn't exist in the ssl.conf file they weren't to be
found. I'm so beside myself at the moment I just want to say to hell
with it all. I don't get paid enough for all this aggrivation.

If you're able to make any sense of all my ramblings please let me know.

thanks,

--
Mark Weaver
American Micro - Webmaster