[ic] Interchange and https

Bryan D Gmyrek gmyrek at U.Arizona.EDU
Thu May 13 15:00:54 EDT 2004

> >>Is anyone else using interchange on a virtual host with SSL that is
> >>working? I've not been able to get this working for anything. Sure could
> >>use some help.
> >

> > It has nothing to do with Interchange, of course.
> >
> > SSL simply doesn't work with NameVirtualHost. You can only have one
> > per IP address.
> >

> Yes...I've been finding this out the hard way. Any ideas for a solution?
> I didn't think there was a problem with Interchange. "it" appears to be
> operating just as it should. Apache on the other hand is being a HUGE pita.

Mark,

It would help if you tell us what version of apache you're running.

I'm not sure if this is what you need but here is what I have in my
httpd.conf (apache 1.3.29 and redhat 9)

NameVirtualHost 555.555.555.555:80
<VirtualHost 555.555.555.555:80>
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache/htdocs"
ServerName  www.mydomain.com
# ... more stuff
</VirtualHost>

<IfDefine SSL>
<VirtualHost 555.555.555.555:443>
DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs
ServerName www.mydomain.com
# ... more stuff
SSLEngine on
SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.crt/www.mydomain.com.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.key/www.mydomain.com.key
SSLVerifyClient none
</VirtualHost>
</IfDefine>

Note that the NameVirtualHost only appears before the first port 80
VirtualHost directive.

Good luck!
Bryan