[ic] Interchange and https

Mark Weaver mark at americanmicroinc.com
Fri May 14 08:32:32 EDT 2004

Bryan D Gmyrek wrote:

>>>It has nothing to do with Interchange, of course.
>>>
>>>SSL simply doesn't work with NameVirtualHost. You can only have one
>>>per IP address.
>>>

>>Yes...I've been finding this out the hard way. Any ideas for a solution?
>>I didn't think there was a problem with Interchange. "it" appears to be
>>operating just as it should. Apache on the other hand is being a HUGE pita.
>

> Mark,
>
> It would help if you tell us what version of apache you're running.
>
> I'm not sure if this is what you need but here is what I have in my
> httpd.conf (apache 1.3.29 and redhat 9)
>
> NameVirtualHost 555.555.555.555:80
> <VirtualHost 555.555.555.555:80>
> DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache/htdocs"
> ServerName  www.mydomain.com
> # ... more stuff
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <IfDefine SSL>
> <VirtualHost 555.555.555.555:443>
> DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs
> ServerName www.mydomain.com
> # ... more stuff
> SSLEngine on
> SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
> SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.crt/www.mydomain.com.crt
> SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.key/www.mydomain.com.key
> SSLVerifyClient none
> </VirtualHost>
> </IfDefine>
>
> Note that the NameVirtualHost only appears before the first port 80
> VirtualHost directive.
>
> Good luck!
> Bryan

No Joy.... I'm beginning to wonder if I've got Apache setup all wrong.

The fist line before the directives appears this way:

NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.252

I'm not specifying a port as such:  NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.252:80

Should I be doing this so that it sees a difference between SSL and
non-SSL virtual hosts? Since adding the container for the https side of
the domain for interchange and upon restarting apache I wasn't prompted
for my passphrase for the certs that are installed, which tells me that
its not acting on the certs at all now, although it didn't complain
about me specifying two different ports for the same domain as it was
doing before.  *sigh* I'm wondering if I'll ever get this right.

--
Mark Weaver
American Micro - Webmaster