[ic] UserTag Troubles 'code is not a subroutine reference' (solved)

Eric Small interchange at ericsmall.com
Fri May 14 16:01:07 EDT 2004

Quoting Mike Heins:
 >Then probably you have ^M characters from a Windows edit, and
 >the here-document is not recognized.

Yep that's what it was.  I had jEdit set to save new files with \r\n
instead of just \n.  I knew it had to be some simple mistake.

Interestingly the space isn't actually necessary between Routine and
<<EOR, but I'll leave it there just to be safe.

Now if I can just figure out what message headers are needed in replies
to this list so that it threads correctly instead of starting a new
thread every time...

Thanks for the help!

--

Interchange 5.2.0 / Debian 3.0 Stable / PostgreSQL 7.4.1