[ic] shipping charges and weights...

Scott Martin smartin at steamvalve.com
Wed May 19 15:24:18 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Weaver" <mark at americanmicroinc.com>
To: <interchange-users at icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 2:49 PM
Subject: Re: [ic] shipping charges and weights...

> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>I just found something interesting today woth Interchange. Just when I
> >>thought I was finished with the setup and after recovering from borking
> >>the menu system yesterday I have found that Interchange doesn't
> >>calculate shipping charges for anything over 150lbs. that means that
> >>anything a person orders from us that is more than 150lbs will not get
> >>charged shipping!  Not to mention there are only three methods I can get
> >>to show up on the checkout form,
> >>
> >> UPS ground commercial,
> >> UPS 2nd Day Air
> >> UPS Next Day Air...
> >>

> > You can edit the country file to select which shipping methods you allow
by
> > country.
> >
> > There should also be information on Multi-package shipping in the
archives.

> > Here is a tag I use:
> > http://interchangeville.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=772
> >
> > regards,
> > Steve
> >

> So once this user tag is inserted into the catalog.cfg and the
> corresponding snippet is placed into the
> shipping.asc, then I should be able to ship things via UPS ground that
> are over 150lbs.?
> --
> Mark Weaver
> American Micro - Webmaster
> 1-800-558-2058

Hi List,

We have been shipping with FedEx FREIGHT for shipments above 150 Pounds
(Bricks & Mortar). Does fedex provide something for looking up the costs
like the UPS tables.(Did UPS Provide those for interchange or did someone
from the interchange group write them?) I am currnetly trying to build a
catalog of Industrial products which range from 2 lbs to well over 1000 lbs.
per product & was wondering how to accomplish this? It would be nice to have
LTL truckload pricing tables to work from!

Thanks
Scott Martin