[ic] Passing CGI variables in URL fails because of session IDs

Interchange User interchange at framework.cx
Wed May 26 14:32:04 EDT 2004

Greetings list,

There is probably a simple explanation for this, but I can't find it.  When
I write some code to make my own "flypage" manually, based on URL
parameters, I run into problems when a session ID is already in the URL.
For example, if I have the following code:

It expands to:
http://mydomain.com/cgi-bin/catalog/view.html?expid=12345

However, if I have a session going on, I get

http://mydomain.com/cgi-bin/catalog/view.html?id=aCvTyGYA&mv_pc=20?expid=12345

Which, of course, doesn't work because the second '?' should be an '&'.  I
wrote a bit of perl to test for a session ID in the URL and put an ampersand
instead of a question mark if necessary, but this seems to be a hack and I'm
guessing there's a more elegant solution.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Peter