[ic] shipping charges not being applied???

Mark Weaver mark at americanmicroinc.com
Fri May 28 09:25:25 EDT 2004

Mark Weaver wrote:
> Something else I've noticed is that when one is registering an account,
> fills in all the fields, then presses the "Save Acct Info" button, that
> it refreshes right back to the same page as though the data wasn't sent.
> Now, at this point one's instinctual response to this strange behavior
> is to press the "save acct info" button again. Doing so however, creates
> a user with a username such as this:  U0001.
>
> So... my first question is this: how do I deal with the fact that "no"
> shipping will be charged of a customer if they're (1) not logged in or
> registered and simply check out, and (2) how can I make the change to IC
> so that the new account registration page refreshes back to the catalog
> main page "After" a user registers a new account? ( this should be the
> normal behavior of the progam. As well as shipping calculation of a
> purchase Even if the customer chooses to checkout without registering or
> logging in. All that should Really be necessary to make a purchase is to
> fill in the "required" fields and then hit the "Place Order" button.
> While the transaction is being processed in the background shipping
> "should" be calculated regardless.
>
> Any thoughts?

Ok...I found the answer to the shipping question which was part one of
the question, but I'm still wondering about the second part of this post
which is how to get the new account registration page to refresh to the
catalog after the new account is created.

The solution that I've used I found on the IC forum and is to add the
following to the checkout.html page. However upon examing this page
there really isn't any doable way to add this code to the checkout.html
page itself, so instead I added the following code the
include/checkout/shipping_address and replaced the shipping method menu
with this code snippet found on the forum.

<SELECT NAME=mv_shipmode>
[loop option=mv_shipmode
list=|[data table=country key='[default country US]' col=shipmodes]|
]
<OPTION VALUE="[loop-code]"> [shipping-desc [loop-code]]
[/loop]
</SELECT>

So, now whether the customer is registered and logged in or not shipping
is calculated and done nicely. My thanks to the person who posted this
solution on the forum known only as "Admin".

--
Mark Weaver
American Micro - Webmaster