[ic] Add Field to checkout

New Media E.M.S. ic_users at newmediaems.com
Fri May 28 17:37:20 EDT 2004

At 11:30 AM 5/28/2004, you wrote:

>Sorry,
>
>I want to add a new way to pay (to link to our own po system) I will need
>to ask about 4 questions, then save them to the db.  The information does
>not need to be encryted because it is just 2 digit numbers (4 2digit
>numbers)  It should be in the transaction table, because it does not
>change with each line item.
>
>I am using foundation
>
>Thanks again,
>Michael

Ok, well someone already posted a not about the import tag. You just need
to add the new fields to the transactions table (this can be done by
exporting the table in the UI, then modifying transactions.txt to add the
new columns - for SQL database you need to rebuild or modify the SQL copy
of the table as well). Then edit etc/log_transaction and add the import of
the new fields to the existing block for transactions:

[import table=transactions type=LINE continue=NOTES]
(existing stuff here)
new1: [value new1]
new2: [value new2]
new3: [value new3]
new4: [value new4]
[/import]

...you'll may also want to add display of these new values to the store
email copy (etc/report), and possibly the customer receipts
(etc/receipt.html and etc/mail_receipt).

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax