[ic] "partial-match"

Adrian P Wilkinson junk at puffin.org
Sat May 29 10:57:28 EDT 2004

Hi,

I want to be able to do a SQL query on the products table (I've got this
working) but want to return only the first, say, ten characters of the
matching field, for example is the result returned "3COM - DESKTOP CARDS" it
would trim it to "3COM - DES"

I believe this can be done with a tag along the lines of [part-match],
[part-search], [partial-match] or some variation but wasn't able to see an
obvious answer from icdevgroup.org - could someone please remind me of the
actual tag name so I can look up the usage synatax?

Thanks!

Regards, Ade.