[ic] Newbie questions

Rene Hertell interchange-users at hertell.com
Mon Nov 1 02:12:50 EST 2004

> Yes I am using window's.  Does this mean I can't download and use
> interchange?

Please use a subject in your emails and do NOT top-post to this list. 99% of
the users of this list tend to ignore messages from users who top-post...!

I guess you can run Interchange on Cygwin (www.cygwin.com/), but that would
only be for testing purpose. You should get yourself a Linux-machine if you
want to play with Interchange at home, and if you ant to get online with a
shop, then you should find yourself an ISP who directly supports Interchange
and provides a you with a cart. One other option would be to find a ISP who
permits users to install Interchange in their home-directory.

One other way to run Interchange on a windows-machine at home would be to
install a Linux-distribution in Vmware (eg.
www.vmware.com/products/desktop/ws_features.html)

René