[ic] Importing tab-delimited file into Postgres fails

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Mon Nov 1 17:11:06 EST 2004

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Rene Hertell wrote:

> Can I set the PREFER_NULL setting as a default setting (like e.g.
> Database tittelit DEFAULT_TYPE text) for all Integer-fields, or do I
> have to specify them separately for each field?

You could use PREFER_NULL as a default setting, but it would apply to all
columns in that table, regardless of type. The best thing to do is to
specify fields as NUMERIC and/or PREFER_NULL, where appropriate, for each
table.

It would be cool to teach Interchange to detect nullable and numeric
fields automatically when it learns the column names at startup time. Then
you wouldn't need to specify those attributes manually. Send us a patch if
you implement that. :)

Jon

--
Jon Jensen