[ic] Problems with account_change profile in etc/profiles.order

Ethan Rowe ethan at endpoint.com
Tue Nov 2 13:25:17 EST 2004

Mark Bryant wrote:

> At 16:29 02/11/2004, you wrote:
>

>>> Could it be that I'm not correctly detecting the error state
>>> (although I doubt it given the direct code lift).
>>>
>>> I'm using IC 4.8.7 (yes I know it's old, but it works), Perl 5.6.1
>>> on RedHat Linux 7.3 (yes I know this is old too) and would be
>>> grateful for any suggestions.
>>

>> My earlier post would theoretically be helpful if you were using a
>> more recent version of IC.  However, I think the stuff I wrote is
>> inaccurate for IC 4.8.7.  Sorry about that. :)
>

> Hi Ethan,
>
> No probs re earlier post, I appreciate the time you took to reply :)
>
> Re the 2 things you mentioned.
>
> 1. Form action:
> <FORM name="account_change" ACTION="[process secure=1]" METHOD="POST">
>
> 2. mv_form_profile:
> This mv var doesn't appear in the page at all. Not even the foundation
> example page has it.
>
> What I do have instead, in both the foundation page and my page, is
> mv_order_profile set:
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_order_profile VALUE=account_change>
>
> The checkout page also uses mv_order_profile, which is the one that
> currently works without any problems:
> <input type=hidden name=mv_order_profile value=credit_card>
>
> Perhaps I should be setting mv_form_profile instead of
> mv_order_profile in the account.html page?

I believe that mv_form_profile and mv_order_profile checks are handled
by exactly the same Interchange code (in Order.pm); therefore, I doubt
that will help much, but no harm in trying.  Without having checked the
commit logs or CVS list archives to be certain, I believe something
happened early in the 4.9 branch that made the profiles and [error] tags
stuff work better; I have a fair amount of what might be considered
anecdotal evidence to suggest that using [error] in older versions of
Interchange is a recipe for potential unhappiness.  When I've had to
handle this kind of stuff in pre 4.9 Interchange systems, I've basically
used my own scratch variables to handle error checking rather than
relying on the Interchange, values-space based methods.  However, I
started working with Interchange at 4.9.8 (4.9.8 and up are where most
of my experience is, only occassionally going back to older versions),
so I'm no authority in this particular subject (or, perhaps, any other
subject).

Unfortunately, this doesn't get you any closer to solving your problem. :)

--
Ethan Rowe
End Point Corporation
ethan at endpoint.com