[ic] Howto Log CC error info?

Russell Mann tech at khouse.org
Wed Nov 3 18:11:32 EST 2004

> Due to fraudulent CC auths, I've implemented a 3 strikes
> you're out policy on my IC 5.2 site.  If the customer enters
> bad CC info 3 times in a row, their account gets locked out
> and I get an email informing me of their attempt.
>
> I'm trying to get the actual CC error to come in the email,
> but am having a hard time accessing it.  I'm trying to set a
> scratch variable:
>
> [seti cc_error_text][scratch cc_error_text] [error
> std_label="Credit Card Information" name=authorizenet
> required=1] [error std_label="Card Number"
> name=mv_credit_card_valid required=1] [/seti]
>
> This works to set a scratch like this:
>
> <B>Credit Card Information</B>
> 	<FONT COLOR=RED>Card Number <SMALL><I>(Can't figure out
> credit card type from number.)</I></SMALL></FONT>
>

> 	<B>Credit Card Information</B>
> 	<FONT COLOR=RED>Card Number <SMALL><I>(Can't figure out
> credit card type from number.)</I></SMALL></FONT>
>

> 	<B>Credit Card Information</B>
> 	<FONT COLOR=RED>Card Number <SMALL><I>(Can't figure out
> credit card type from number.)</I></SMALL></FONT>
>
> This, however, is hardly useful as there is too much HTML
> stuck in there.
> It also forces the error to display where I create the
> scratch var, which is within a statement block of [if error
> mv_credit_card_valid] to check for an error in the first place.
>
> Any suggestings on directly accessing any error texts for
> export purposes?

I found this in the AuthorizeNet.pm

----------------
Try the instructions above, then enable test mode. A test order should
complete.

Disable test mode, then test in various Authorize.net error modes by
using the credit card number 4222 2222 2222 2222.

Then try a sale with the card number C<4111 1111 1111 1111>
and a valid expiration date. The sale should be denied, and the reason
should
be in [data session payment_error].

I'm trying to grab:

[data session payment_error]

And so far I'm not getting any data out of it.

Should I be seeing something there?

-Russell