[ic] Auth at checkout, settle on ship question

Steve icdev at mrlock.com
Thu Nov 11 09:04:26 EST 2004

> generate a new sale on the spot?
>
> Anybody have some answers? Surely someone is using this method.
>
> I've placed a test auth, but I was hoping to get some feedback before
> the 7-14 days the auth takes to expire.
>
> > Also, how would we settle an order for a lower amount than the auth?
> > This would happen if one item was unavailable and canceled, so we
> > wouldn't want to charge the customer for it. (I suppose we could
> > settle for the full amount and then issue a credit. . .)
>

> Thanks,
> Josh
> --
> Josh Lavin
> Kingdom Design   http://www.kingdomdesign.com/

Hello Josh,

We are not processing in exactly the same manner, but I wrote a little code
that takes the IC sale data and submits it to Authorize.net for
authorization and capture for the full sale amount. We don't pre-authorize
the sales - the system just captures the sale and we review and process
later (so all international sales are not immediately declined :))
I'm sure you could modify the code somewhat to do what you want, but it will
take a little work to get there.
It may take a little while for me to dig it out, but let me know if you want
it....

-Steve