[ic] Convert from gdbm to MySQL - no products table created

Jonathan.U jonslumiere at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 17:23:33 EST 2004

Hi all,

I followed the steps below to convert from gdbm to MySQL...
1) Create a MySQL user.
2) Create an empty MySQL database (foundation_cart), and set the
permissions for the user.
3) Modify "products/variable.txt" file and set the following
(keeping the tab-separated format of the file intact):
MYSQL 1 Database
SQLDSN dbi:mysql:foundation_cart Database
SQLUSER dbusername Database
SQLPASS dbuserpass Database
4) Remove any .sql files from the products directory
5) Restart Interchange
++++++++
the the message....
=============
# su -c "/usr/lib/interchange/bin/interchange -r" interch
bash: /root/.bashrc: Permission denied
The Interchange server was not running
(/usr/lib/interchange/etc/interchange.pid).
Sending debug to /var/log/interchange/debug.log.
Low traffic settings.
Calling UI......UI is loaded...
Interchange V5.3.0-200411140658
Configuring catalog foundation...Using --> MySQL,
DSN=dbi:mysql:foundation_cart...table country created: create table
country (
code CHAR(3) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
sorder varchar(255),
region varchar(255),
selector CHAR(3),
shipmodes VARCHAR(255),
name VARCHAR(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
iso CHAR(3) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
isonum CHAR(3) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
tax varchar(255)
)

Only table "county" was created with all the data populated. I don't
know what happened to other tables. I in fact did not modify any table
definitions. Anyone knows what's wrong with this?

Manh thanks.

- Jonathan