[ic] [query] & [more] Error - (was [query] causes [more] to generate non-unique mv_cache_key)

Sandy Thomson sandy at scotwebshops.com
Thu Nov 18 05:07:40 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 10:50 -0600, Dan Bergan wrote:
> Dan Bergan wrote:
>
> > Sandy Thomson wrote:
> >
> >> Its very difficult to debug your code, if we cant see your code, if you
> >> know what I mean.
> >>

> > For a simple test I put the following code into a page on my IC 5.2
> > demo site and I was able to reproduce my error:
> > [query sql="select sku from products where sku like 'os28%' order by sku"
> >        type=list
> >        ml=5
> >        more=1
> > ]
> > [on-match]
> > [/on-match]
> >
> > [list]
> >       [sql-code]
> > [/list]
> >
> > [on-match]
> > [/on-match]
> >
> > <BR CLEAR=LEFT>
> > [more-list]
> > <BLOCKQUOTE>
> > [msg arg.0="[matches]" arg.1="[match-count]"]Matches %s of %s
> > found.[/msg]
> > <BR>[more]<BR>
> > </BLOCKQUOTE>
> > [/more-list]
> >
> > [/query]
> >
> Sorry, I should probably add a bit more detail...
> Browse to the page (above), let the session time out (wait 1 hour),
> click on one of the [more] links, and I get an Internal Server Error.
>
> Dan

Ok, Im not an interchange guru, but i think its because Interchange
automatically times out sessions.

If your session times out, it then cant access the cached more pages
from the search (stored under your as something like
"tmp/o/V/oV7685.gHGHJSHghdfjakhkDSA", if your session id is oV7685, and
the hash of the search is gHGHJSHghdfjakhkDSA.

I think the best way to solve this (correct me if im wrong anyone), is
to increase the timeout. (i think the syntax is SessionExpire in
catalog.cfg).

--
Sandy Thomson <sandy at scotwebshops.com>