[ic]Threads on Perl

Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) ic_users at newmediaems.com
Fri Nov 19 12:17:08 EST 2004

At 08:28 AM 11/19/2004, you wrote:

>My answer was to create a startup script
>>for interchange which set the environment variable MINIVEND_FORCE_THREADS
>>to true. That allowed the daemon to start in any case.
>
>If it is possible to run IC using threaded perl by setting that variable,
>why all the hassle compiling and installing an unthreaded version?
>Apparently it also runs on a threaded one also then...

I only said that in the case of a known false positive, one can use the
environment variable as a work-around. I did not say that Interchange can
run without trouble under threaded Perl. Although it will probably start,
there are known issues with that latter case.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          Ed.LaFrance at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax