[ic] problem on make install

arnman at cox-internet.com arnman at cox-internet.com
Mon Nov 22 11:29:02 EST 2004

I am having a problem on the last part of installing IC. Here is what happens, of course I took out some of the repetitive listings, when I run ./configure in the IC dir

[root at localhost interchange-5.2.0]# ./configure

 Interchange Version 5.2.0 Configuration

 Copyright 2002-2004 Interchange Development Group
 Copyright 1996-2002 Red Hat, Inc.

 Interchange was originally based on Vend 0.2 and 0.3
 Copyright 1995, 1996 Andrew M. Wilcox <amw at wilcoxsolutions.com>

 Distributed under the GNU General Public License.
 See the file LICENSE for license information.

Found Perl 5.8.5 as /usr/bin/perl

If you get a CPAN error, rerun the configuration and it should go away.

Interchange cannot be run as root. Which user should run Interchange? [interch]
User name interch doesn't exist. Use anyway? [n] y

 Interchange V5.2.0

 Copyright (C) 2002-2004 Interchange Development Group.
 Copyright (C) 1996-2002 Red Hat, Inc.
 Interchange is free under the terms of the GNU General Public License.

 http://www.icdevgroup.org/

Where is your Interchange to be installed? [/usr/local/interchange]

Writing Makefile for Interchange
Skip blib/lib/Vend/SQL_Parser.pm (unchanged)
:
:
Skip blib/lib/Vend/Options/Old48.pm (unchanged)
Skip blib/lib/Vend/Ship/QueryUPS.pm (unchanged)
Skip blib/lib/Vend/SessionDB.pm (unchanged)
cp scripts/config_prog blib/script/config_prog
/usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::MY" -e "MY->fixin(shift)" blib/script/config_prog
:
:
cp scripts/offline blib/script/offline
/usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::MY" -e "MY->fixin(shift)" blib/script/offline
cp scripts/interchange blib/script/interchange
/usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::MY" -e "MY->fixin(shift)" blib/script/interchange
Manifying blib/man1/config_prog.1
:
:
Manifying blib/man3/Vend::Ship::QueryUPS.3
Manifying blib/man3/Vend::Options::Old48.3
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-Iblib/lib" "-Iblib/arch" test.pl
server/unixmode.......ok 1
server/startup........ok 2
link/unixmode.........ok 3
server/inetmode.......ok 4
link/inetmode.........ok 5
server/control........ok 6
6 tests run, all tests successful.
Writing /usr/local/interchange/auto/Interchange/.packlist
/usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL force nocpaninstall= final=/usr/local/interchange

It hangs on this last line and never goes anywhere after that.
I have a fresh install of FC3 and a fresh install of NWClark Perl from vermonster. Everything went well until this point.

What would I need to do to correct this?

Paul