[ic] problem opening website

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Tue Nov 30 07:29:17 EST 2004

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 00:06:52 -0600, Paul Arnold wrote:

>I tried those two and they didn't work, here is what I got on the first one
>[root at localhost ~]# /etc/init.d/interchange status
>-bash: /etc/init.d/interchange: No such file or directory

Unless you have created your own start-up script you won't
have one (unless the rpm installs one?) These scripts are also
to be found in /etc/rc.d/init.d.

>and the second one
>[root at localhost ~]# ps -aux |grep interchange
>Warning: bad syntax, perhaps a bogus '-'? See

Try just 'ps aux' or 'ps ax', though the result below shows it running.

>/usr/share/doc/procps-3.2.3/FAQ
>interch   3249  0.0 11.4 35588 29164 ?       Ss   Nov29   0:00 interchange
>root      4174  0.0  0.2  4740  656 pts/3    S+   00:03   0:00 grep
>interchange
>
>so I restarted it and here is what it gave me
>
>[root at localhost ~]# su -f -c /usr/local/interchange/bin/restart interch
>Killing Interchange server 4180 with TERM.
>Low traffic settings.
>Calling UI......UI is loaded...
>Interchange V5.3.0-200411290658
>Running with new signals, external programs could be unreliable.
>Re-run with environment variable PERL_SIGNALS set to "unsafe" to change
>this.
>Configuring catalog mystore...Using MySQL,
>DSN=dbi:mysql:test_mystore...done.
>Interchange server started in UNIX mode(s) (process id 4188)
>
>As far as I can tell the server is running from what I am seeing
>I still can go into the customer and admin entrance page, but I get the
>normal We're sorry after that

Try changing your cgi link mode to 4755, and if that's no good
try just 755 - depending on your setup it may or may not need to
be suid. And ensure that it's owned by the Interchange user.
Also, you really should set your PERL_SIGNALS to unsafe as
the startup message suggests, else you will get all sorts of
intermittent and otherwise inexplicable failures. Adding:
	$ENV{PERL_SIGNALS} = "unsafe";
into the top of bin/interchange, just after the #!/usr/bin/perl, will
do the trick.

>Paul

HTH

-