[ic] Willing to Pay for Help ...

Greg McClure gmcclure at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 16:19:50 EDT 2004

Dear IC folks,

I've got to say I'm as frustrated as this gets. I've worked on
integrating a simple IC catalog with Authorize.Net and I've come up
with a site the replicates, basically, the behavior in the tutorial
catalog along with shipping and tax features that I incorporated from
the somewhat Byzantine, terse, occasionally contradictory
documentation that is located at the RTFM site -- RTFM implying, I
suppose, that if you do read the manual(s), such as it is, you won't
have to ask any questions except for those relating to the most
esoteric integration requirements.

And yet I see there have been a number of posts to this list from
those that have gotten to a point where they're willing to pay for
help. I don't quite know what to make of that. It seems to me that
truly straightforward implementations of IC should be well documented,
including credit card integration examples, and especially considering
the technical maturity level of this project, how many years it has
been going on and how many times I see the same questions repeated
over and over again on the mailing list archives.

In earlier posts I gave examples of some simple files that I'm using,
and although I received two very kind, very brief, responses, I didn't
get any technical advice from anyone that helped. So now if someone
out there who knows IC can assist with this, I'd be interested in the
rates involved. From where I sit it seems that most of the work is
done and I only need assistance with the Authorize.Net integration.

Let me just say that I sincerely hope that all the information I
require is, in fact, plainly explained somewhere and my heavy workload
has precluded me from noticing it. I apologize for sounding frustrated
but it is only because that I am, and all the more since I see that
the questions I've asked have been asked by not a few other before me.

Best regards,
Greg