[ic] question about custom pricing

Mark Little mlittle13 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 14 13:31:43 EDT 2004

Sorry for the confusion. Here is my original post:

I am setting up a catalog with 4 different pricing
levels (these values are defined in the product/item
table).

I can display the price just fine on the results list
and the item page based on the affiliate's pricing
level value, but when any item is added to the cart,
it picks up the default 'item-price' value and not the
affiliate based-price.

I'm sure this is to protect a malicious user from
being able to order items at a discount.

My question is:
Is there a single place where I can put in the price
level checking logic and have an item added to the
cart w/ the correct price? If not, where do I need to
make these changes?

To which you replied:
> > > Mark -
> > >
> > > There are examples of pricing Profiles in
> > > yourcat/etc/after.cfg; start there.
> > >
> > > - Ed

I took a look at the file. The desired effect is to
detect the affiliate ID, and set the price_level
variable to a value based on the affiliate (1, 2, 3).
I have columns in my product table called
price_level1,
price_level2, price_level3, price_level4 that contain
the corresponding prices.

What is the best way to include the logic in the
after.cfg file? I tried a couple of variants but
nothing seemed to work correctly. I couldn't find a
detailed reference or example in the archives.

Thanks in advance,
Mark