[ic] items can't be removed, changed from cart; session questions

interchange at tvcables.co.uk interchange at tvcables.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 18:31:52 EDT 2004

Quoting NOW Website Coordinator <webperson at now.org>:

> Currently using: 5.0.1 with PostgreSQL and Linux
>
> Customers are saying they can't delete items from the cart, and one said he
> couldn't change the number of the items.  I can't replicate this on IE or
> Firefox, although more have had this problem with Firefox (could be
> coincidence) .
>
> I had one customer try another IC site, and he had a similar although not
> the same problem:
>
> "Had not same problem (it not keeping a changed qty) but did have problem
> with update button not recalculating (happened only once).
> Also same problem of back button showing an Expired Page error."
>
> He's using IE, has cookies on, etc. (not sure that cookies are still
> necessary, though for IC -- are they?)
>
> My questions:
>
> 1) Does anyone else have these problems?  How have they solved them?
>
> 2) Which is better -- sessions in a DB or in files?  Does this matter for
> these problems?
>
> Obviously, I could upgrade if it would matter but I didn't see anything in
> the changelog about this.
>
> Thanks.

The problem I have is that when you have multiple items in the cart, the
checkout page will only allow modification / deletion of the top item, trying
to remove or change items further down the list does nothing. I think its a
bug in foundation, anyone know a fix as its damn annoying. I see it all the
time in IE6 and NS7 using 5.0.0 and 5.2.0

Andy.