[ic] Customs Duty Tax on a product basis

daniel castro daniel_castro at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 16 12:38:18 EDT 2004

Hi list,

I have the following schema for international shippings.

I have to charge the customs tax to the user at the time of checkout, also I
have to charge the salestax and the time of checkout, in that order. So, I
was thinking that the best approach is to charge the customs tax in the
shipping, and the sales tax as tax, but every product has a diffrent customs
tax, mso I was wondering is there a way to charge shipping on a product
basis, not a order basis.
We are offering one default shipping carrier, but the method varies
depending on th INCORTERM the user wants.
here is my shipping.asc
EXW     Ex Works        quantity        0       0       e Nothing to ship!
            {'PriceDivide' => "1",}
EXW     Ex Works        quantity        1       999     f @@TOTAL@@ * 1.1 +
15.00              {'PriceDivide' => "1",}
CIF     Cost Insurance and Freight      quantity        0       0       e
Nothing to ship               {'PriceDivide' => "1",}
CIF     Cost Insurance and Freight      quantity        1       1000    f
@@TOTAL@@*1.05 + 15.00             {'PriceDivide' => "1",}
DDP     Duty Delivered Paid     quantity        0       0       e Nothing to
ship                {'PriceDivide' => "1",}
DDP     Duty Delivered Paid     quantity        1       999     f @@TOTAL@@
* 1.15 + 15.00              {'PriceDivide' => "1",}

Please reply to daniel_castro at hotmail.com since I am working on this at this
time.

Thanks in advance
Daniel Castro