[ic] Very Simple UserTag - Failed Safe Check

Adrian P Wilkinson junk at puffin.org
Thu Sep 16 14:29:06 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to define an extremely simple usertag in catalog.cgi called
'lease-cost' that is giving me the following error when trying to start up
the catalogue:

UserTag 'lease_cost' subroutine failed safe check: <HANDLE> trapped by
operation mask at (eval 219) line 3, <CONFIG> line 472.

Here's the text of the code:

UserTag lease-cost      Routine <<EOR
sub {

You could lease this item for only _____ per month ex. VAT.<br>

}
EOR

I see a reference to the use of "use" being disallowed but I'm not using
that function here so can't see why it's failing.  I need to be able to
configure this at catalogue level rather than server level and would
appreciate any hints/tips on offer.

This is somewhat annoying because I've done some extemely complex stuff in
Interchange without problems but I'm now being bogged down by issues with
the simplest routines!

Regards, Ade.